Here are some troubleshooting steps:
Make sure your Hotstar app is up to date
- Apple devices need to be on Disney+ Hotstar app version 8.35 or higher
- Android mobile devices need to be on Hotstar app version 10.1.9 or higher
- If you’re using the Chrome Browser, make sure you are on the most recent version of Google Chrome
Are you connected on the same network?
To get the best casting experience please ensure both your mobile device and your Chromecast are on the same WiFi network:
- Download or go to the Google Home app
- Select Home tab and in the devices section look for Chromecast
- If the network is not showing then this will need to be added, for more help visit https://support.google.com/chromecast/
- Once on the same network restart your device
- Update your Google Home and Google Play Services, and try again
- You may need to reboot your Chromecast device by unplugging from the power source for 15 seconds and log out and log back in to the Hotstar app
If you cannot see the cast options, then try the steps below:
- Install the Chromecast App on your mobile device
- Plug in the Chromecast stick to your TV screen
- Ensure the Chromecast stick is on the same WiFi network as your device
- Try again to cast
- Make sure your router, modem or gateway is set to multicast, check your manual for instructions
Reset your Chromecast
- While your Chromecast is plugged into the TV, hold down the button on the side of Chromecast
- The LED will begin blinking orange
- When the LED light turns white, release the button and Chromecast will restart
Are you using a HDMI cable?
If you are linking your phone to the TV through a HDMI cable this is not supported.
Are you trying to mirror content?
Mirroring on your Chromecast will not work.
Are you using Miracast?
Hotstar only supports Google Chromecast